One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘How can consciousness be false’ - is it like a false leg or false teeth, someone asked caustically?’
- ‘It is strangely unclassifiable television - a caustically comic, surreptitiously sudsy thriller that has alienated a whole tranche of strait-laced Americans and so delighted many more.’
- ‘Maybe it is in his corner, but as one Indonesian newspaper commented caustically, ‘No doubt the police feel safe, because they have guns.’’
- ‘Unfortunately, however, they have now become a version of the mid-1960s caucus which a reformist Whitlam so caustically described at the time: small and witless men.’
- ‘How are you, aside from being caustically humorous as usual?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.