One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In terms of the way that one thing causes another; by way of cause and effect.‘the storm cannot be understood causally’‘the two traits are causally related’
- ‘How harshly we judge those whose inadequate parenting, confidence, and life skills are causally linked to what may at last be a provable fact.’
- ‘They note that when we talk about physical things, we use language that locates or causally connects objects in space.’
- ‘Institutional reality is said to be causally efficacious.’
- ‘Let us ask whether the two deficits are related causally, rather than being a coincidence.’
- ‘To explain causally the death or erosion of an institution, he will have to explain how people manage, causally, to withdraw recognition.’
- ‘One of the driving principles of magical thinking is the notion that things that resemble each other are causally connected in some way that defies scientific testing.’
- ‘It looks to be inconsistent with a prevalent view about how the world is causally structured.’
- ‘Aggression is thereby linked causally to people who live "close to the land."’
- ‘Researchers tried to prove that brain capacity was causally related to intelligence.’
- ‘Informants volunteered descriptions of dramatic change, or lack thereof, in which the lead surgeon's behavior was causally implicated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.