One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The upper of the two gray nuclei of the corpus striatum in the cerebrum of the brain.
- ‘In this preparation the corpus callosum, caudate nucleus, and most brainstem structures have been removed.’
- ‘Immediately above the anterior perforated substance, the pear-shaped head of the caudate nucleus is confluent with the putamen of the lentiform nucleus.’
- ‘The internal capsule and corona radiata have been exposed by removal of the corpus callosum, caudate nucleus, and diencephalon.’
- ‘The dark appearance of the caudate nucleus and putamen is attributable to their content of blood vessels and neuronal cell bodies.’
- ‘The more severe a patient's ADHD symptoms - as rated by parents and clinicians - the smaller were their frontal lobes, temporal gray matter, caudate nucleus and cerebellum.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.