One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small white heron with long buff feathers on the head, back, and chest in the breeding season, and normally feeding around grazing cattle and game herds. It is native to southern Eurasia and Africa, and has colonized North and South America and Australasia in the 20th century.
- ‘On the helicopter ride back to my base I passed over some fields I think may have been growing rice. I saw more cattle egrets and a not very satisfying view of a purple heron.’
- ‘Scientists also predicted that species like the black kite, cattle egret and great reed warbler, not currently found in Britain, could migrate there if warmer summer temperatures continued.’
- ‘In the flooded fields there were some cattle egrets and small shorebirds.’
- ‘In August, when I visit, cattle egrets nest in massive cypress tree canopies.’
- ‘I noticed a snow-white bird in the distance and thought it was a cattle egret at first.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.