One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Although the actual chemical reactions taking place within a battery are very complex, the major cathodic and anodic reactions can be idealized based on a knowledge of the parts of a battery and their electrochemical function.’
- ‘Researchers determined the optimum potential for switching the photocurrent to be - 0. 05V, where the anodic and cathodic photocurrents are about the same.’
- ‘Stainless steels are positioned towards the cathodic end of the galvanic series in seawater.’
- ‘There are three broad classes of corrosion-inhibiting admixtures, using different chemical mechanisms to control oxidation and the resulting corrosion - anodic inhibitors, cathodic inhibitors, and organic inhibitors.’
- ‘Welds made with these electrodes are cathodic to the base metal and thus resist galvanic corrosion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.