One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that is unambiguously explicit and direct.‘the rules state categorically, “No violence.”’
- ‘The judge would be entitled to dismiss the second application unless it could be categorically demonstrated that the new material was conclusive of the case.’
- ‘I categorically deny any involvement in any fraud.’
- ‘Farming organizations are categorically opposed to any such suggestion.’
- ‘His assertion that "markets are always by their nature driving towards equilibrium" is categorically false.’
- ‘Indeed, a strong case could be made that interest rates are categorically destabilizing.’
- ‘A critic is not supposed to discuss new poetry without overtly praising or categorically condemning it.’
- ‘We have a clear declaration from 15 member states stating categorically that our position on military neutrality is understood, accepted, and acknowledged.’
- ‘The writer categorically states that selfishness has no place in marriage.’
- ‘The theorists concede to merely pointing at something which they cannot categorically argue even exists.’
- ‘I have seen enough data to know that nobody can categorically say these structures are safe.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.