One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The political significance of categorial identity is clear in part because we are used to thinking of politics by reference to identity categories anyway.’
- ‘This seeming paradox makes sense once one recognizes that nationalism and communalism are both products of categorial identification.’
- ‘Of course, temporal-parts theorists may urge that this categorial distinction between objects and processes is a superficial and philosophically unjustifiable one, rooted in the idiosyncrasies of everyday grammatical forms.’
- ‘In any case, rules, whether variable or categorial, and the idiosyncratic marking of forms in the lexicon, are not available options in a Cognitive Grammar.’
- ‘Statistical relations between the categorial variables were analysed with SPSS software, using analysis or the Cochran Q test for related dichotomous variables.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.