Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of a class of aromatic amines that includes a number of neurotransmitters such as epinephrine and dopamine.
- ‘Dopamine is the most abundant chemical in a class of neurotransmitters called catecholamines.’
- ‘In high concentrations, arginine induces several hormones, including pituitary growth hormone, insulin, vasopressin, adrenal catecholamines, and somatostatin.’
- ‘In the brain, high levels of the catecholamines dopamine and norepinephrine are released in the PFC during stress exposure, even during relatively mild psychological stress.’
- ‘Other hormones that influence blood sugar levels are cortisol, growth hormone and catecholamines (epinephrine and norepinephrine).’
- ‘The tyrosine derivatives are the thyroid hormones, and the catecholamines (adrenaline and noradrenaline) which are produced in the medulla of the adrenal glands.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.