One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crystalline compound which is the major constituent of catechu.
- ‘One could conclude that foods rich in longer-chain catechin oligomers are most likely to provide bioavailable catechin.’
- ‘Other nutrients important for gum health include vitamin A, zinc, vitamin E, selenium, and flavonoids such as quercetin, catechin, anthocyanidins and proanthocyanidins.’
- ‘Green tea contains compounds called catechins, including epigallocatechin gallate - the main catechin responsible for the tea's thermogenic and antioxidant properties.’
- ‘Black Catechu, a component of SJS, was found to have polyphenol components such as catechin which has strong scavenging effects on oxygen radicals.’
- ‘Apples are rich in plant compounds called flavonoids including catechin and quercetin.’
Mid 19th century: from catechu + -in.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.