One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A North American variety of grape.
- ‘A pink grape used in the production of a blush and rosé wines, Catawaba produces a medium-bodied sweet, fragrant, strawberry-like wine.’
- ‘It has higher sugars and lower acids than Catawba.’
- ‘Catawba, a centuries old grape variety, bursts with a bold grape taste and pink color making it an award winning grape.’
- ‘He planted a small vineyard of the Catawba's and began producing fresh grape juice.’
- ‘The Catawba is widely grown and made into wine down in New York State.’
- 1.1 A white wine made from the Catawba grape.
- ‘I was sipping a local Catawba wine the other day.’
- ‘About Catawba wine, my advice is to pass.’
Named after the River Catawba in North and South Carolina.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.