One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In 1970 he showed that nitrogen oxides of both natural and industrial origin react catalytically (without themselves being consumed) with ozone, thus reducing the stratospheric ozone layer.’
- ‘In this method, sulfur dioxide gas and air are converted catalytically into sulfur trioxide, a gas that combines explosively with water to form sulfuric acid.’
- ‘During refining, these metals form a catalytically active layer with sulfur from the oil.’
- ‘In plants, the enzymes characterized so far exist as catalytically active monomers.’
- ‘The reactions above were performed with preformed oxo species, but the researchers also found that the reactions proceeded catalytically under aerobic conditions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.