One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for bigeye (sense 2)
- ‘A torch shone down the walls will reveal bright red alfonsitos and the larger red and white catalufas, which have large eyes that glow in torchlight.’
- ‘The fish identification card includes the Garibaldi, California's State Fish, yellowtail, bat rays, the extremely depleted bocaccio, the elusive popeye catalufa, & many more.’
- ‘Species are snapper, grouper, cobia, sail, bream, king, dolphin (dorado or Mahi Mahi), leatherjacket (leather jacket), jack travally, giant travally, hawaiian bigeye (catalufa), trigger, gar, and needle fish.’
- ‘Some members of the family are also known as catalufas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.