One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For changes can happen imperceptibly, but also cataclysmically.’
- ‘The work was stylistically naive, but it was also passionate, content-charged, sometimes cataclysmically violent, and often evocative of altered-consciousness states like those familiar to consumers of mind-altering drugs.’
- ‘Well, Vesuvius kept quiet throughout 2000, although Etna - a few hundred kilometres to the south - did erupt, although not cataclysmically.’
- ‘The super-eruptions I have talked about so far have all been cataclysmically explosive affairs.’
- ‘Like the neighboring settlements at Pompeii, Herculaneum, and Oplontis, it was buried in volcanic ash when Vesuvius erupted cataclysmically in A.D. 79.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.