One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Like the neighboring settlements at Pompeii, Herculaneum, and Oplontis, it was buried in volcanic ash when Vesuvius erupted cataclysmically in A.D. 79.’
- ‘The work was stylistically naive, but it was also passionate, content-charged, sometimes cataclysmically violent, and often evocative of altered-consciousness states like those familiar to consumers of mind-altering drugs.’
- ‘For changes can happen imperceptibly, but also cataclysmically.’
- ‘The super-eruptions I have talked about so far have all been cataclysmically explosive affairs.’
- ‘Well, Vesuvius kept quiet throughout 2000, although Etna - a few hundred kilometres to the south - did erupt, although not cataclysmically.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.