One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There are thus a number of different requirements for mitochondrial metabolism, ranging from biosynthesis to catabolic processes that may or may not result in ATP synthesis.’
- ‘During catabolic stress intracellular glutamine levels can drop more than 50 percent, and it is under these circumstances that supplemental glutamine becomes necessary.’
- ‘Alanine and glutamine account for about 80% of the amino acids released from skeletal muscle during catabolic periods such as intense training or injury.’
- ‘There they are converted to fatty acids, amino acids, and glycogen, or else oxidized by the various catabolic pathways of cells.’
- ‘You can help prevent your body from becoming catabolic by supplying it with all the necessary nutrients at the time when it needs them the most - during intense workouts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.