One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘During catabolic stress intracellular glutamine levels can drop more than 50 percent, and it is under these circumstances that supplemental glutamine becomes necessary.’
- ‘Alanine and glutamine account for about 80% of the amino acids released from skeletal muscle during catabolic periods such as intense training or injury.’
- ‘You can help prevent your body from becoming catabolic by supplying it with all the necessary nutrients at the time when it needs them the most - during intense workouts.’
- ‘There they are converted to fatty acids, amino acids, and glycogen, or else oxidized by the various catabolic pathways of cells.’
- ‘There are thus a number of different requirements for mitochondrial metabolism, ranging from biosynthesis to catabolic processes that may or may not result in ATP synthesis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.