A crawler tractor pulling a train of sleighs across snow or ice.
- ‘Though the company hoped to acquire airplanes as a means of transporting freight and mail, they never did, but used snowmobiles and cat trains instead.’
- ‘The speed of the cat train was between three and four miles an hour; thus 25 miles of travel was considered a good day's accomplishment.’
- ‘However, the cat train method was slow and cumbersome, restricting the amount of freight that could be transported.’
- ‘He and Joe put many a tough hour with the cat train.’
- ‘John Gould presented a slide show about his days on the Dempster cat trains at the Oddfellows Hall.’
- ‘From these points, transportation to various isolated camps would either be by cat train or bush plane.’
Cat from caterpillar.