One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A crawler tractor pulling a train of sleighs across snow or ice.
- ‘John Gould presented a slide show about his days on the Dempster cat trains at the Oddfellows Hall.’
- ‘From these points, transportation to various isolated camps would either be by cat train or bush plane.’
- ‘The speed of the cat train was between three and four miles an hour; thus 25 miles of travel was considered a good day's accomplishment.’
- ‘He and Joe put many a tough hour with the cat train.’
- ‘However, the cat train method was slow and cumbersome, restricting the amount of freight that could be transported.’
- ‘Though the company hoped to acquire airplanes as a means of transporting freight and mail, they never did, but used snowmobiles and cat trains instead.’
Cat from caterpillar.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.