One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The rig of a catboat with the single mast placed far forward.
- ‘This being so, I decided to try cat rigs on my boats in 1906, and planned the hulls accordingly.’
- ‘The Gouyave canoes have cat rigs, transom sterns and are smaller and narrower than the other classes.’
- ‘Look out for the easily recognisable cat rig on the new yacht on Sydney Harbour early next year.’
- ‘The catboat is the typical sailboat of American waters, for the cat rig is scarcely known in Europe.’
- ‘I graduated from the cat rig at the age of eleven, and never returned to it in any of my own boats.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.