The rig of a catboat with the single mast placed far forward.
- ‘The catboat is the typical sailboat of American waters, for the cat rig is scarcely known in Europe.’
- ‘This being so, I decided to try cat rigs on my boats in 1906, and planned the hulls accordingly.’
- ‘Look out for the easily recognisable cat rig on the new yacht on Sydney Harbour early next year.’
- ‘The Gouyave canoes have cat rigs, transom sterns and are smaller and narrower than the other classes.’
- ‘I graduated from the cat rig at the age of eleven, and never returned to it in any of my own boats.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.