One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cafe or similar establishment where people pay to interact with cats housed on the premises.‘she was one of many waiting in line this morning for the opening of North America's first pop-up cat cafe’
- ‘The animal cafe trend began more than six years ago, primarily with cat cafes, but has since spread its wings.’
- ‘But with a cat cafe, we witness the transformation of the stray animal from enemy to a friend of the neighborhood.’
- ‘Tokyo now has at least 39 cat cafes, of which there are many different types.’
- ‘Online reservations for another Manhattan cat cafe are almost fully booked more than two months ahead.’
- ‘There are plans to bring a cat cafe to Los Angeles!’
- ‘The cat cafe phenomenon began in Asia with the world's first opening in Taipei, Taiwan, in 1998.’
- ‘First in Japan and now even in Paris and London, a cat cafe may soon be coming to Boston as well.’
- ‘Cat cafes should be brought to the U.S. to provide stable, loving homes for cats that would thrive in that type of environment.’
- ‘Cat cafes have long been popular in Japan, where most people rent apartments in which pets are not allowed.’
- ‘It's hard to recollect much about my first cat cafe besides the unmitigated pleasure of the whole experience.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.