One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A semiprecious stone, especially chalcedony or chrysoberyl, with a chatoyant luster.
- ‘At Badgley Mischka, beads were everywhere, from pearls to garnet cat's eye crystals to opalescent moonstones.’
- ‘Her correspondences include the planet Venus, the Strength tarot card, the symbols of a box or a basket, the gems obsidian, citrine, cat's eye and tiger's eye.’
- ‘Emeralds, rubies, diamonds, blue sapphire, pearls, yellow sapphire, cat's eye, garnets, amethyst, jade, etc., are just some of the stones which are said to have healing properties.’
- ‘The hilt is topped with a large cat's eye ruby.’
- ‘Blue symbolizes a cat's eye gem, with the meaning of strength and happiness, angels watching over and protection.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.