One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A semiprecious stone, especially chalcedony or chrysoberyl, with a chatoyant luster.
- ‘At Badgley Mischka, beads were everywhere, from pearls to garnet cat's eye crystals to opalescent moonstones.’
- ‘Blue symbolizes a cat's eye gem, with the meaning of strength and happiness, angels watching over and protection.’
- ‘Her correspondences include the planet Venus, the Strength tarot card, the symbols of a box or a basket, the gems obsidian, citrine, cat's eye and tiger's eye.’
- ‘The hilt is topped with a large cat's eye ruby.’
- ‘Emeralds, rubies, diamonds, blue sapphire, pearls, yellow sapphire, cat's eye, garnets, amethyst, jade, etc., are just some of the stones which are said to have healing properties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.