One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The political principles or actions of Fidel Castro or his adherents or imitators.
- ‘In the sixties, he wrote several articles denouncing Castroism and Cheism, and even threw some members of the Internationalists out of that organization for their ‘pro-Castro stance’.’
- ‘Though Castroism has caused fewer factions in Communism than the other currents, Fidel remains an important influence and a hero to many of the world's youth.’
- ‘It is therefore not simply Castroism but also post-Castroism that currently court disaster.’
- ‘These sanctions will not bring an end to Castroism, but will merely cause more antagonism.’
- ‘But between 1979-1983, the SWP abandoned Trotskyism for Castroism and most of the Trotskyists were expelled.’
- ‘Ultimately, regardless of the name of Fidel's successor, Castroism will be gone.’
- ‘During almost 40 years, Castroism, lacking a practical and formal vocabulary, used the most improbable epithets to discredit its political opponents.’
- ‘And at all times let's educate ourselves and others to understand that Castroism is capable of both.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.