One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lockable metal box for keeping cash in.
- ‘Three days earlier, four men snatched a cash box from a Post Office van while a delivery was being made at Marland.’
- ‘The guard got out, carrying a cash box, and started walking to the post office.’
- ‘I found the cash box no problem - simply because somebody had locked it in the wrong drawer.’
- ‘A guard was hit with a metal bar as a bungling robber snatched an empty cash box.’
- ‘Murmurings amongst the village women, in their own dialect, revealed that they knew exactly how much money was in the cash box, and how much had been given as loan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.