One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lockable metal box for keeping cash in.
- ‘Murmurings amongst the village women, in their own dialect, revealed that they knew exactly how much money was in the cash box, and how much had been given as loan.’
- ‘Three days earlier, four men snatched a cash box from a Post Office van while a delivery was being made at Marland.’
- ‘A guard was hit with a metal bar as a bungling robber snatched an empty cash box.’
- ‘The guard got out, carrying a cash box, and started walking to the post office.’
- ‘I found the cash box no problem - simply because somebody had locked it in the wrong drawer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.