One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a form of incentive offered to buyers of certain products whereby they receive a cash refund after making their purchase.
- ‘The scheme offered cashback on half the cost of a new computer - up to a maximum of £500.’
- ‘Typical incentives offered by builders include cashback deals of up to E10,000.’
- ‘By putting all your spending on a cashback credit card, you can receive up to 2% back on every purchase.’
- ‘Use your debit card where you can and make the most of cashback offers at the supermarket and elsewhere.’
- ‘Once, I even considered buying a car using a credit card, just for the cashback!’
- ‘As the January sales continue, the dealer is taking early action by offering new car buyers competitive cashback offers.’
- ‘But while deals offering generous cashback upfront may seem appealing to cash-strapped borrowers, brokers generally advise against them because there is invariably some kind of trade-off.’
- ‘Customers who legally complete their purchase by the end of February can take full advantage of the cashback offered on one of their three bedroomed homes.’
- ‘Both are offering a 3000 cashback and carpets or part-exchange on your own property.’
- ‘By using a cashback card, you can get receive up to £20 for every £1, 000 that you spend.’
- ‘The car is spacious and currently enjoys a cashback deal that reduces the list price of £25, 295 to £22, 295.’
- ‘I can sell the car and get a cheaper one, getting a cashback on the trade to reduce my expenditure.’
- ‘Some deals offer cashback, which can be particularly attractive to first-time buyers struggling to furnish their new home.’
- ‘The deals also typically offer incentives, such as cashback and free valuations.’
- ‘The cashback is available on purchases but not cash advances, bill payments or foreign exchange.’
- ‘With a cashback mortgage, you receive a lump sum upfront, in return for agreeing to be locked in to a particular rate for a pre-set period.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.