One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a form of incentive offered to buyers of certain products whereby they receive a cash refund after making their purchase.
- ‘Both are offering a 3000 cashback and carpets or part-exchange on your own property.’
- ‘With a cashback mortgage, you receive a lump sum upfront, in return for agreeing to be locked in to a particular rate for a pre-set period.’
- ‘As the January sales continue, the dealer is taking early action by offering new car buyers competitive cashback offers.’
- ‘The car is spacious and currently enjoys a cashback deal that reduces the list price of £25, 295 to £22, 295.’
- ‘Customers who legally complete their purchase by the end of February can take full advantage of the cashback offered on one of their three bedroomed homes.’
- ‘By putting all your spending on a cashback credit card, you can receive up to 2% back on every purchase.’
- ‘Once, I even considered buying a car using a credit card, just for the cashback!’
- ‘The deals also typically offer incentives, such as cashback and free valuations.’
- ‘I can sell the car and get a cheaper one, getting a cashback on the trade to reduce my expenditure.’
- ‘Some deals offer cashback, which can be particularly attractive to first-time buyers struggling to furnish their new home.’
- ‘But while deals offering generous cashback upfront may seem appealing to cash-strapped borrowers, brokers generally advise against them because there is invariably some kind of trade-off.’
- ‘Typical incentives offered by builders include cashback deals of up to E10,000.’
- ‘The scheme offered cashback on half the cost of a new computer - up to a maximum of £500.’
- ‘By using a cashback card, you can get receive up to £20 for every £1, 000 that you spend.’
- ‘Use your debit card where you can and make the most of cashback offers at the supermarket and elsewhere.’
- ‘The cashback is available on purchases but not cash advances, bill payments or foreign exchange.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.