One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A metal frame or container that holds cartridges for loading into an automatic rifle or pistol.
- ‘This expansion eventually led to Green-Tech International Ltd. producing its own cartridge clips, tops, boxes and machines to offer customers a better quality and priced product.’
- ‘German sources describe the cases, when, after shooting on the earth the last cartridge clip from the pistol, female fliers rushed into the flame of the burning aircraft.’
- ‘Then I throw myself to the ground, changing the cartridge clip on one of my revolvers.’
- ‘The secondary cartridge clip conveniently holds a spare cartridge on the butt of the Taser gun.’
- ‘Crimp the cartridge clips instead of soldering them.’
- ‘Well then, is it not time we removed the old, stale bullets and filled the cartridge clip with new and fresher ones instead?’
- ‘Curved AK - 47 cartridge clips lay carefully stacked in fours on a series of seven plastic tarpaulins laid out in the dust behind the car.’
- ‘This secondary cartridge clip replaces the standard battery cover and attaches to the bottom of the advanced TASER.’
- ‘As the scope was located in left side of receiver normal cartridge clips could be used for reloading the rifle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.