One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An artist who draws cartoons.‘a political cartoonist for the local newspaper’
- ‘The story has become a cautionary tale for any idealistic young cartoonist working in Hollywood today.’
- ‘What lessons can cartoonists draw from the wars over digital formats, and how can those lessons be most profitably applied?’
- ‘While most successful cartoonists stick to either magazine gags or newspaper strips, he's been successful at both.’
- ‘In the old days, a cartoonist would have to tell a whole story in eight pages.’
- ‘The best pieces match the cartoonist with the material.’
- ‘He often appears with fellow cartoonists in programs at schools and libraries in the area.’
- ‘No fewer than four semi-autobiographical books about growing up, all by women cartoonists, have appeared or will appear this fall.’
- ‘He had a roster of well-known cartoonists for friends.’
- ‘He plays the part of an aspiring cartoonist looking for a big break.’
- ‘He broke out with a Sundance award for a documentary about underground cartoonist R. Crumb.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.