Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A negotiable promissory note representing the value of real estate when the seller has provided the financing.
- ‘One thing you need to remember when selling a carryback note is the value of the real discount.’
- ‘We are actively seeking to purchase seller carryback notes secured by residential and small commercial properties nationwide.’
- ‘Simply refer your clients who hold carryback notes to us - we'll pay you every time one of your referrals sells us a note.’
- ‘We also broker the sale of seller carryback notes from the sale of a business.’
- ‘Next is the issue of the cash from the carryback note you will be receiving from your buyer.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.