One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Extend beyond the normal or original area of application.‘his artistic practice is clearly carrying over into his social thought’
- ‘He hopes his team's newfound attitude will carry over to the season's remaining games.’
- ‘That ability to conquer challenges carries over into other areas of life as well.’
- ‘That practice carries over into some modern secret society initiations, where participants are hooded or masked to conceal their identities.’
- ‘This trend will be big over the Christmas holidays and carry over into spring 2002.’
- ‘The better I play, the more it will carry over to the World Cup.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.