One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Above all, he carries conviction because he is like one of us, always wracked by doubt and uncertainties.’
- ‘In my opinion, these claims no longer carry conviction.’
- ‘This is of course one of those guesses which carries conviction if said in a loud enough voice: nobody really knows.’
- ‘His explanations of bank procedures and of his own actions carry conviction.’
- ‘If his picture was to carry conviction, it had to express genuine experience.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.