One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If his picture was to carry conviction, it had to express genuine experience.’
- ‘His explanations of bank procedures and of his own actions carry conviction.’
- ‘This is of course one of those guesses which carries conviction if said in a loud enough voice: nobody really knows.’
- ‘In my opinion, these claims no longer carry conviction.’
- ‘Above all, he carries conviction because he is like one of us, always wracked by doubt and uncertainties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.