One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tree of the soapberry family, native to southeast Asia, that threatens mangrove swamps and other habitats in the US because of its invasive habit.
- ‘Some properties are landscaped with coral trees and carrotwoods.’
- ‘The canopy of the furthest north carrotwood touches the canopy of a Carob tree.’
- ‘If you have an open lawn area the carrotwood is a good choice.’
- ‘Langeland observes that carrotwood is especially a problem in low moist areas.’
- ‘Ten of these plants are not officially banned by the state of Florida, carrotwood being the exception.’
- ‘A site in northern Palm Beach County is being overgrown by Brazilian pepper; another jacquemontia colony was nearly destroyed between 1970 and 1991 by an expanding stand of carrotwood.’
- ‘Brazilian pepper, carrotwood and ear leaf acacia were cut down, and their stumps were treated with herbicide.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.