One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These materials consist of various fragments of fossil fungi, mosses, water fern sporas, and other specimens that are helpful to carpological analyses.’
- ‘The carpological collection contains samples of almost all existing forms of fruit, from the simplest to the most exotic.’
- ‘The insight achieved by carpological investigation is of primary importance in reconstructing the vegetation, forest, and steppes around the Hârzova tell.’
- ‘The biggest problem was the amount of material to be moved, approximately 250,000 herbarium specimens and associated spirit and carpological collections; nearly 37 tonnes of material was shifted.’
- ‘More than 10 000 carpological remains from the mainly Middle Bronze Age cultural layers of Tell Mozan have been identified so far.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.