One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Causing tooth decay.
- ‘Since processed maize is highly cariogenic, dental caries and resulting tooth loss increase with the adoption of maize agriculture.’
- ‘Some formulas, especially soy-based formulas that contain sucrose, can be cariogenic.’
- ‘While any food that contains sugar or starch can cause dental caries, studies show chocolate may be less cariogenic than many foods.’
- ‘Those foods containing refined carbohydrates that are fine enough to remain on the teeth by sticking to the fissures on the tooth surface are termed cariogenic (capable of causing cavities).’
- ‘Sugars located within the cellular structure of food (such as fructose in whole fruit) are thought to be less cariogenic than sugars intentionally introduced into foods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.