One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The bundles contain both xylem and phloem, and are marked by the presence of large canals known as carinal canals, which also function in water conduction.’
- ‘Loven illustrated considerable variation in carinal pattern among rays in the same specimen, and what appear to be new carinals forming several plates proximal from the terminal.’
- ‘Ritter recognized the following four morphological groups in a Sweetognathus lineage based on carinal configurations.’
- ‘Patients were divided into four groups by the location of obstruction: tracheal, carinal, bronchial, or extensive (multiple-site) compression.’
- ‘Species are diagnosed on the basis of carinal height and the nature (height, symmetry, completeness) and number (zero, one, or two) of flanking rows or parapets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.