Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the heart and blood vessels.
- ‘Studies of cardiovascular sequelae have produced conflicting evidence.’
- ‘The treatment of stable angina aims to reduce chest pain and prevent cardiovascular events.’
- ‘Prevention of cardiovascular disease has to be integrated into primary health care.’
- ‘Uncontrolled diabetes increases the risk of cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack and stroke.’
- ‘Major cardiovascular or respiratory problems militate against operating.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.