Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the heart and the lungs.
- ‘We will summarize the content of and access to selected databases with information related to cardiopulmonary physical therapy.’
- ‘Early studies indicated that essentially all patients infected with SNV went through the prodromal and cardiopulmonary phases.’
- ‘All ambulances were manned by a nurse or paramedic and a driver, equipped with a manual defibrillator and qualified to perform advanced cardiopulmonary life support.’
- ‘Other diagnoses included sepsis, liver failure, neurological dysfunction, and recent cardiopulmonary arrest.’
- ‘Some centers, however, routinely perform lung transplantation using cardiopulmonary bypass with good results.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.