Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Chronic disease of the heart muscle.
- ‘Thus, we now have the possibility to discover disease genes that cause cardiomyopathy and heart failure.’
- ‘Excessive chronic alcohol consumption also leads to dilated cardiomyopathy (alcoholic heart muscle disease).’
- ‘It was there in 1999 that she suffered the loss of her beloved daughter Vicky from an hereditary heart disease, dilated cardiomyopathy.’
- ‘Some of them present with muscle weakness and muscle breakdown, some of them present with cardiomyopathy, heart muscle disease, liver disease.’
- ‘First, the AIDS virus can infect the heart and cause cardiomyopathy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.