One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of medicine that deals with diseases and abnormalities of the heart.
- ‘Projects spanned a range of specialties - dermatology, psychiatry, respiratory medicine, cardiology, and oncology.’
- ‘He established the department of cardiology at Osmania Medical College in 1960, rising to become the college's principal.’
- ‘Cardiac electrophysiology is now an established specialty within cardiology.’
- ‘She plans to go to medical school and specialize in either fetal cardiology or pediatric orthopedics.’
- ‘The medical sciences were well developed, with particular success in cardiology, oncology, and laser surgery.’
- ‘Yearly pediatric cardiology follow-up examinations showed no symptoms of heart disease and a normally active child.’
- ‘The clinician programme on offer will include cardiology, oncology, neurology, urology and a wide range of other procedures.’
- ‘Often times when you're on a subspecialty service like cardiology or oncology, the intern on overnight is the only doctor on the floor.’
- ‘After 11 years of internal medicine and cardiology, he opted for a career in occupational medicine.’
- ‘Sometimes I'd even start lecturing the new students present about anatomy, histology, cardiology, immunology.’
- ‘Five students had experience in cardiology or intensive care.’
- ‘He then joined Groote Schuur Hospital to train in internal medicine and cardiology.’
- ‘He was an intensely private man who dedicated his life to the development of the hospital and cardiology in particular.’
- ‘The data are collated centrally at the department of medical cardiology, Glasgow Royal Infirmary.’
- ‘After this she was not strong enough to work in interventional cardiology and devoted herself to clinical and diagnostic cardiology.’
- ‘Participants were identified and recruited from outpatient clinics in cardiology and care of the elderly and from hospital wards.’
- ‘This article describes some of these applications in radiology and cardiology and discusses the potential of microbubbles for therapy.’
- ‘He became a senior registrar in cardiology at St Mary's Hospital, London, at the relatively young age of 30.’
- ‘Neurology is like cardiology was 20 years ago in that it is just starting to do more with less, Jacobson explained.’
- ‘Robotics are used in orthopaedics and cardiology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.