Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of medicine that deals with diseases and abnormalities of the heart.
- ‘Neurology is like cardiology was 20 years ago in that it is just starting to do more with less, Jacobson explained.’
- ‘The clinician programme on offer will include cardiology, oncology, neurology, urology and a wide range of other procedures.’
- ‘Participants were identified and recruited from outpatient clinics in cardiology and care of the elderly and from hospital wards.’
- ‘Robotics are used in orthopaedics and cardiology.’
- ‘Projects spanned a range of specialties - dermatology, psychiatry, respiratory medicine, cardiology, and oncology.’
- ‘He established the department of cardiology at Osmania Medical College in 1960, rising to become the college's principal.’
- ‘Cardiac electrophysiology is now an established specialty within cardiology.’
- ‘After 11 years of internal medicine and cardiology, he opted for a career in occupational medicine.’
- ‘Sometimes I'd even start lecturing the new students present about anatomy, histology, cardiology, immunology.’
- ‘He became a senior registrar in cardiology at St Mary's Hospital, London, at the relatively young age of 30.’
- ‘He then joined Groote Schuur Hospital to train in internal medicine and cardiology.’
- ‘Often times when you're on a subspecialty service like cardiology or oncology, the intern on overnight is the only doctor on the floor.’
- ‘Five students had experience in cardiology or intensive care.’
- ‘Yearly pediatric cardiology follow-up examinations showed no symptoms of heart disease and a normally active child.’
- ‘The data are collated centrally at the department of medical cardiology, Glasgow Royal Infirmary.’
- ‘After this she was not strong enough to work in interventional cardiology and devoted herself to clinical and diagnostic cardiology.’
- ‘She plans to go to medical school and specialize in either fetal cardiology or pediatric orthopedics.’
- ‘The medical sciences were well developed, with particular success in cardiology, oncology, and laser surgery.’
- ‘He was an intensely private man who dedicated his life to the development of the hospital and cardiology in particular.’
- ‘This article describes some of these applications in radiology and cardiology and discusses the potential of microbubbles for therapy.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.