One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of medicine that deals with diseases and abnormalities of the heart.
- ‘Participants were identified and recruited from outpatient clinics in cardiology and care of the elderly and from hospital wards.’
- ‘The data are collated centrally at the department of medical cardiology, Glasgow Royal Infirmary.’
- ‘Neurology is like cardiology was 20 years ago in that it is just starting to do more with less, Jacobson explained.’
- ‘The medical sciences were well developed, with particular success in cardiology, oncology, and laser surgery.’
- ‘After 11 years of internal medicine and cardiology, he opted for a career in occupational medicine.’
- ‘Five students had experience in cardiology or intensive care.’
- ‘He then joined Groote Schuur Hospital to train in internal medicine and cardiology.’
- ‘Yearly pediatric cardiology follow-up examinations showed no symptoms of heart disease and a normally active child.’
- ‘She plans to go to medical school and specialize in either fetal cardiology or pediatric orthopedics.’
- ‘He became a senior registrar in cardiology at St Mary's Hospital, London, at the relatively young age of 30.’
- ‘Robotics are used in orthopaedics and cardiology.’
- ‘He established the department of cardiology at Osmania Medical College in 1960, rising to become the college's principal.’
- ‘He was an intensely private man who dedicated his life to the development of the hospital and cardiology in particular.’
- ‘After this she was not strong enough to work in interventional cardiology and devoted herself to clinical and diagnostic cardiology.’
- ‘The clinician programme on offer will include cardiology, oncology, neurology, urology and a wide range of other procedures.’
- ‘Cardiac electrophysiology is now an established specialty within cardiology.’
- ‘Often times when you're on a subspecialty service like cardiology or oncology, the intern on overnight is the only doctor on the floor.’
- ‘Projects spanned a range of specialties - dermatology, psychiatry, respiratory medicine, cardiology, and oncology.’
- ‘Sometimes I'd even start lecturing the new students present about anatomy, histology, cardiology, immunology.’
- ‘This article describes some of these applications in radiology and cardiology and discusses the potential of microbubbles for therapy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.