One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small brightly colored fish found in shallow tropical seas around reefs. The male often broods the eggs in his mouth.
- ‘Out in the blue, barracuda cruise, along with solitary amberjack, while posses of bright orange cardinal fish skulk in small caves, waiting for the cover of night, and teams of larger corb do likewise in the more spacious caverns.’
- ‘The seas teem with mullet, squid, cuttlefish, cardinal fish, and it is here they swarm in a forest of wire coral and black coral reefs.’
- ‘A general lack of other marine life is evident here; a few small perch are seen, along with cardinal fish and small sea snakes.’
- ‘Morays, congers, scorpionfish, parrot fish, damsel fish, most of the 20 different species of wrasse found in the Med, cardinal fish, saupe, corb and langouste all make regular appearances on dives in the reserve.’
- ‘We slowly circled around it, admiring the prolific fish life and invertebrates, including 5 species of clownfish, blue-ringed angels, and loads of cardinal fish.’
- ‘However, the Japanese cardinal fish deserves special mention.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.