One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The initiation of cancer formation.
- ‘Among treatment-related causes, radiation-induced carcinogenesis has been well recognized for nearly a century.’
- ‘If accepted, this altered view of cervical carcinogenesis will reshape clinical practice in the next few years.’
- ‘Chemoprevention of cancer aims to prevent, arrest, or reverse either the initiation phase of carcinogenesis or the progression of neoplastic cells to cancer.’
- ‘Its role in carcinogenesis also merits further study.’
- ‘The temporal transition of a mucosal cell from a normal state to dysplasia and eventually carcinoma can be explained by the multistep theory of carcinogenesis.’
- ‘Digital cellular phones and cordless phones have not been in use for as long as analog phones in Sweden, and this might be of importance for carcinogenesis.’
- ‘Reduction in induced carcinogenesis by various chemical carcinogens has been well documented.’
- ‘For biliary duct cancers, p53 gene mutation is an important contributor to carcinogenesis.’
- ‘Thus, the association of reactive oxygen species both in carcinogenesis and in cancer progression has been shown in numerous investigations.’
- ‘One of the principal mechanisms of the anticarcinogenic activity of tea is inhibition of the initiation stage of carcinogenesis.’
- ‘While animal studies have suggested an aetiological role for high fat intake in colorectal carcinogenesis, such evidence is very hard to extrapolate to humans living freely.’
- ‘Further characterization of the function of these genes in lung carcinogenesis may lead to the development of novel targeted therapies.’
- ‘An altered apoptotic response represents a pivotal feature of cancer, contributing to carcinogenesis and resistance to therapy.’
- ‘Oranges are rich in vitamin C, an antioxidant that may prevent oxidative damage to DNA, thus protecting against carcinogenesis.’
- ‘It is not possible to say anything about the risk of cancer because it takes decades to disclose chemical carcinogenesis in human beings.’
- ‘DNA adduct formation is a critical event in mutagenesis and in the initiation of carcinogenesis.’
- ‘And mutagenicity is of course a bad thing, because increased DNA damage is generally held to be a factor in carcinogenesis.’
- ‘This pattern of expression suggests that cyclin DI overexpression may be an early event in endometrial carcinogenesis.’
- ‘Finally, reinitiating lung growth may increase susceptibility to carcinogenesis and metastasis.’
- ‘Establishment of an early and reliable biomarker for oral carcinogenesis will enable early diagnosis of cancer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.