One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme that catalyzes the addition of a carboxyl group to a specified substrate.
- ‘Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase catalyses the carboxylation of PEP to form oxaloacetate.’
- ‘Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase, which catalyses the carboxylation of phosphoenolpyruvate using HCO 3-to generate oxaloacetic acid, is an important enzyme in the primary metabolism of plants.’
- ‘Within skeletal muscle and heart activation of AMPK leads to the phosphorylation and inhibition of acetyl-CoA carboxylase.’
- ‘Chlorophyll contents, as well as concentrations of the carboxylation enzymes Rubisco and phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase, are lower in aquatic compared with terrestrial leaves of amphibious plants.’
- ‘A reduction of oxaloacetate does seem likely because both phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase and total malate dehydrogenases were activated under the same stress conditions as those that activated PPDK.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.