One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme that catalyzes the addition of a carboxyl group to a specified substrate.
- ‘Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase, which catalyses the carboxylation of phosphoenolpyruvate using HCO 3-to generate oxaloacetic acid, is an important enzyme in the primary metabolism of plants.’
- ‘Chlorophyll contents, as well as concentrations of the carboxylation enzymes Rubisco and phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase, are lower in aquatic compared with terrestrial leaves of amphibious plants.’
- ‘A reduction of oxaloacetate does seem likely because both phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase and total malate dehydrogenases were activated under the same stress conditions as those that activated PPDK.’
- ‘Within skeletal muscle and heart activation of AMPK leads to the phosphorylation and inhibition of acetyl-CoA carboxylase.’
- ‘Phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase catalyses the carboxylation of PEP to form oxaloacetate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.