An enzyme that catalyzes the interconversion of dissolved bicarbonates and carbon dioxide.
- ‘Without the enzyme carbonic anhydrase the dehydration and hydration of carbon dioxide is a rather slow reaction.’
- ‘Limited evidence has been presented that elevated CO2 inhibits the transcription of genes coding for carbonic anhydrase and Rubisco activase.’
- ‘Two intracellular enzymes that may support active ion transport across crustacean gills are carbonic anhydrase and arginine kinase.’
- ‘Cellular carbonic anhydrase then catalyzes the reverse of reaction 17, leading to release of CO 2 from erythrocytes.’
- ‘This component was eliminated when carbonic anhydrase activity was inhibited or deleted by genetic manipulation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.