One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An enzyme that catalyzes the interconversion of dissolved bicarbonates and carbon dioxide.
- ‘Cellular carbonic anhydrase then catalyzes the reverse of reaction 17, leading to release of CO 2 from erythrocytes.’
- ‘Without the enzyme carbonic anhydrase the dehydration and hydration of carbon dioxide is a rather slow reaction.’
- ‘Two intracellular enzymes that may support active ion transport across crustacean gills are carbonic anhydrase and arginine kinase.’
- ‘Limited evidence has been presented that elevated CO2 inhibits the transcription of genes coding for carbonic anhydrase and Rubisco activase.’
- ‘This component was eliminated when carbonic anhydrase activity was inhibited or deleted by genetic manipulation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.