Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to carbon or its compounds, especially carbon dioxide.
- ‘It is notable, therefore, that the functional expression of CA in heart is modest, enhancing the speed of carbonic buffering by only 2.5-fold.’
- ‘Here the second fermentation, the one that produces the bubbles, occurs inside a tank and the resulting carbonic gas is sealed in with the wine in the bottle.’
- ‘In the middle layer are whole grapes surrounded by juice, and only on the top layer are whole grapes surrounded by carbon dioxide which undergo full carbonic maceration.’
- ‘Jadot makes the Chateau des Jacques wines like they make their red burgundies - in other words, with no or very little carbonic maceration.’
- ‘Since the beginning of the plant occupation, workers have threatened to use the 46 tons of carbonic sulfur stocked in the plant to explode the facility.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.