One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to carbon or its compounds, especially carbon dioxide.
- ‘It is notable, therefore, that the functional expression of CA in heart is modest, enhancing the speed of carbonic buffering by only 2.5-fold.’
- ‘Since the beginning of the plant occupation, workers have threatened to use the 46 tons of carbonic sulfur stocked in the plant to explode the facility.’
- ‘In the middle layer are whole grapes surrounded by juice, and only on the top layer are whole grapes surrounded by carbon dioxide which undergo full carbonic maceration.’
- ‘Here the second fermentation, the one that produces the bubbles, occurs inside a tank and the resulting carbonic gas is sealed in with the wine in the bottle.’
- ‘Jadot makes the Chateau des Jacques wines like they make their red burgundies - in other words, with no or very little carbonic maceration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.