One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘People with incontinence should also avoid too many drinks containing alcohol, caffeine or carbonation, and they should limit their liquid intake to two liters of fluid daily.’
- ‘The ethyl alcohol contributes the alcoholic content of beer, while the carbon dioxide contributes to the carbonation.’
- ‘These beverages contain caffeine, alcohol and carbonation, which cause excess urine production or decreased voluntary fluid intake.’
- ‘Cool beverages like juice can be soothing; avoid carbonated or citrus drinks, however, because carbonation and citric acid can be painful on raw areas.’
- ‘There was probably a lot of sulphur, sulphuric acid, a lot of carbonation and condensation, all very damaging to the concrete.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.