One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A natural or artificial process by which carbon dioxide is removed from the atmosphere and held in solid or liquid form.
- ‘We often hear the misperception that the carbon sequestration / storing effect of growing tree energy crops is temporary.’
- ‘However, many farmers currently are using improved land management practices that promote carbon sequestration without receiving any direct monetary incentives.’
- ‘For example the management of carbon dioxide from the burning of fossil fuels could be dealt with through further carbon sequestration.’
- ‘We have the broadest and most applicable scientific knowledge to tackle carbon sequestration.’
- ‘Let's take a little tour of the world of carbon sequestration.’
- ‘The scientists are currently using computer models to figure out the potential rates for carbon sequestration on golf courses.’
- ‘He is describing carbon sequestration, the buildup of the stock of carbon in organic matter in soils.’
- ‘One proposal being widely discussed in the scientific community is carbon sequestration.’
- ‘Important, albeit lower visibility, ideas on carbon sequestration in forests have also made strides forward.’
- ‘Carbon sequestration in agricultural land has been studied over the past few years to determine its potential for ameliorating climate change.’
- ‘The same approach should apply to research on new low-carbon or non-carbon energies or carbon sequestration.’
- ‘Carbon sequestration is a third alternative to reduce GHG emissions.’
- ‘The most significant advantage of mineral carbonation by magnesite is that it is the only permanent form of carbon sequestration.’
- ‘Reading down to the bottom of the press release we find carbon sequestration has little do with the project.’
- ‘Chris is interested in documenting what the potential is for carbon sequestration.’
- ‘Despite the depleting forests, the estimation of net annual carbon sequestration from 1972-73 to 1999-2000 appears to be positive.’
- ‘However, to fully understand the potential of carbon sequestration in agriculture, the economic costs of switching from conventional to conservation management must be estimated.’
- ‘The concept of "clean burn" should not be extended to include carbon sequestration.’
- ‘Despite these fears, for an increasing number of oil companies carbon sequestration is now a reality.’
- ‘This working paper reviews the legal issues concerning geological carbon sequestration in the offshore waters surrounding the United Kingdom.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.