One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The amount of carbon dioxide and other carbon compounds emitted due to the consumption of fossil fuels by a particular person, group, etc.
- ‘In this world, the idea that the personal is political was not about one's carbon footprint or concerns about eating meat or using pesticides in the garden.’
- ‘There will be significant planning issues but we are determined to reduce our carbon footprint.’
- ‘In the U.K., the CarbonNeutral Company works with banks and building societies to offer a carbon-neutral mortgage, which provides for the planting of enough trees to cover the carbon footprint of the home and lifestyle of its occupants.’
- ‘If it's not available through your utility, you can still buy credits online to offset your carbon footprint.’
- ‘Reducing our carbon footprint would mean giving up, not merely our SUVs, but many of the little things Americans enjoy.’
- ‘Think of your carbon footprint and say an environmentally friendly ‘no’ to patio heaters.’
- ‘Yes, disposing of a perfectly good appliance is not great for your carbon footprint.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.