One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The process of trapping carbon dioxide produced by burning fossil fuels or any other chemical or biological process and storing it in such a way that it is unable to affect the atmosphere.
- ‘Ministers should approve new coal plants, it says, even without carbon capture and storage.’
- ‘But as I said, carbon capture and storage is strategically important and it actually really is making a big difference to the global efforts to tackle climate change.’
- ‘You might by now be beginning to derive the impression that carbon capture and storage is not the green panacea ministers have suggested.’
- ‘I don't believe that the globe can even contemplate doing it without having carbon capture and storage available.’
- ‘The only other way you can stop C02 getting into the atmosphere is carbon capture and storage.’
- ‘As for carbon capture and storage (CCS), the big energy companies would love to count tonnes of the gas buried as qualifying for allowances under the European Emissions Trading Scheme.’
- ‘Carbon capture and storage is a technology with the potential to make a major difference in the fight against climate change.’
- ‘And lastly, geosequestration has been repackaged as carbon capture and storage, so that the Prime Minister can talk about it without stumbling and stammering.’
- ‘The second major measure from Darling was an unexpectedly large increase in the money going into carbon capture and storage.’
- ‘Alistair Darling announced an increase in support for carbon capture and storage, with up to four demonstration projects.’
- ‘Carbon capture and storage could not be developed until 2015 at the earliest according to Environment Canada.’
- ‘Other issues involving carbon capture and storage and urban geochemistry were also explored.’
- ‘In principle, carbon capture and storage (CCS) could reduce emissions from power stations by 80% to 90%.’
- ‘Well for countries rich in coal, such as Australia and China and the United States, carbon capture and storage is obviously very high on the agenda.’
- ‘Promise of carbon capture and storage depends on new pipelines and liability rules.’
- ‘He will argue for a cut in the VAT on energy efficient products and for further support for carbon capture and storage.’
- ‘So-called carbon capture and storage (CCS) is often labelled as expensive and unproven, though most of the problems are with the capture part of the process.’
- ‘Like biofuels and micro wind turbines, carbon capture and storage turns out to be another great green scam.’
- ‘This by no means constitutes an unwavering endorsement of the technology of carbon capture and storage (geo-sequestration).’
- ‘Carbon capture and storage is a priority, yet neither the US nor the EU has gone beyond small-scale pilot projects.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.