One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Impregnated with carbolic acid.
- ‘The itchiness of flea bites can be treated with carbolated petroleum jelly, menthol, ice, or calamine lotion.’
- ‘However, this is usually not serious if treated with crude oil or carbolated petroleum, nor is its occurrence very frequent.’
- ‘I've found that carbolated salve works very well in clearing up the redness and the rashes that sometimes occur when one is in contact with MT carriers for an extended period of time.’
- ‘Originally it was comprised of Pine Tar, citronella, olive oil, oil of Pennyroyal, creosote, powdered camphor and carbolated Vaseline.’
- ‘The current protocol uses the drugs tholepin, carbolated and increasingly high doses of temozolomide, followed by autologous stem cell rescue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.