One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A colorless crystalline substance obtained from coal tar, used in dye production.
A tricyclic heteroaromatic compound; chemical formula: C₁₂H₉N
- ‘Concentrated sulphuric acid and 50 l of carbazole reageant (0.1% (w/v) in ethanol 100%) were then added.’
- ‘Sections were first incubated in buffer containing 3-amino - 9-ethyl carbazole and subsequently for 2 h following the addition of peroxidase and either Put (for DAO) or Spd (for PAO).’
- ‘For this purpose we examined N-indolyl lipids like those shown in Fig.1, which like the related carbazole-labeled lipids position the fluorescent group deep within the bilayer interior.’
- ‘They also can be considered as possessing carbazole and benzothiophene (thianaphthene [TN]) units with a common benzene ring.’
- ‘Certain molecules such as 1-naphthol, its derivatives, and carbazole show remarkable enhancement in their acidity in the excited singlet state.’
Late 19th century: from carbo- + azo- + -ole.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.