One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area or building where cars or other vehicles may be left temporarily; a parking lot or parking garage.
- ‘All four made off and later pulled up in a supermarket car park to assess the haul.’
- ‘They've had to triple the size of the car park and appoint a visitor services manager.’
- ‘Get there early though because it's a popular route and the car park fills up quickly.’
- ‘On one occasion a female resident entered the car park and found a man standing in a far corner.’
- ‘Mr Goodman also announced that building work on a new car park would start in October.’
- ‘Retrace your steps to return to the car park and the end of one of Scotland's finest walks.’
- ‘Covered car parking with ticket machines in the car park would be much more sensible.’
- ‘Once in the town, follow the brown tourist signs to the station which has its own car park.’
- ‘Access is either through the side alleyway beside the pub or from the car park at the rear.’
- ‘They went out in one of the cars that had been left in the car park outside the building.’
- ‘The car park was well used so there would be plenty of people around and it was easy for the police to keep an eye on.’
- ‘Another idea is to rip up the gardens and replace them with a car park around the theatre.’
- ‘It is hoped the project will cut crime in the car park and provide a valuable service.’
- ‘Bosses of a Bolton car park have been rewarded for joining the fight to drive down car crime.’
- ‘There will also be a Park and Ride service operating from a car park at South Marston.’
- ‘The Tesco car park and the town car park next door soon became full, as was the town centre.’
- ‘Begin by crossing the road from the car park and walking along the lane to the Hotel.’
- ‘On the car park his Audi estate is in the spot where he left it on Monday morning.’
- ‘The vehicle turned towards the side of the car park to get a clear view of Manhattan.’
- ‘He said the shop owners and tenants wanted security staff in the mall, not the car park.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.