Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A type of camping which involves driving rather than walking to a campsite.‘backpacking gear is lighter weight than gear intended for car camping’
- ‘The three-day tour turned into an overnight tour and a night of car camping.’
- ‘The places for car camping are next to alpine lakes.’
- ‘Gone in 2013 are options for tent and car camping, and in their place is what Stagecoach is calling its Stagecoach RV Resort.’
- ‘But hooking up and towing it was more awkward than car camping with a van or SUV alone.’
- ‘Jim and I decided to compromise with three nights of car camping on a dramatic, boulder-studded stretch of the southern Oregon coast, 7 miles north of the Oregon-California border.’
- ‘A lot of people would not consider backpacking or even car camping as vacationing.’
- ‘Authentic camping, especially car camping, involves stuffing roughly two aisles worth of gear from REI into a minivan, heading to Indiana or Wisconsin, unstuffing it, restuffing what you haven't lost or damaged, then driving back 48 hours later, hopefully not having endured mosquito or rain onslaughts in the interim.’
- ‘We welcome environmentally conscious people with experience and basic skills in wilderness backpacking, hiking, bicycling, canoeing, or car camping and an interest in sharing your knowledge with others.’
- ‘"Growing up as a child I did a lot of car camping all over Ontario such as in Algonquin, The Pinery, up the Bruce Peninsula, Rondeau Park and many conservation areas as well," she says.’
- ‘A "cargo rack" or "sport rack" is the beefy version of a luggage rack, is the type of rack covered in this article, and is what you need for car camping and trailhead access.’
- ‘We've traded car camping, lazy weeks on nearby beaches and the clickety-clack of rail for the seductive possibility of getting as far away as we can, as quickly as possible.’
- ‘If car camping is in your mind, then tent weight is no issue.’
- ‘The Turners began a guest and guide services operation on the wilderness site in 1926, during the golden age of dude ranching, before the advent of motels, car camping and Interstate highways.’
- ‘The difference between car camping and camping in a hammock for me is about 27 lbs.’
- ‘For car camping and loads of backcountry gear, luggage racks are next to useless because they can only carry minimal weight, and the constant vibration and movement of your load will likely damage your vehicle's paint or dent your body work.’
- ‘Should you bring the sturdy and heavy cast iron pan for car camping, or the lighter titanium pots because you're backpacking?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.