One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game in which two teams each hide a colored cloth, representing the team's flag, and then try to find the other team's flag and return with it to their home base.
- ‘All of this started to crystallize for me one night, when I came home and found my son playing a modified capture-the-flag version of Quake.’
- ‘Today, children are more apt to gather around the television or computer than to take up a game of kick-the-can or capture-the-flag.’
- ‘An ‘insertion’ is kind of like a game of capture-the-flag complete with assault rifles and an armoured chopper.’
- ‘Younger companies sponsor capture-the-flag games or afternoons of paintball tournaments.’
- ‘The game is basically just another online shooter offering 15 gaming areas with up to 32 people battling out through the standard deathmatch, team deathmatch and capture-the-flag options.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.