One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic crystalline compound which is an intermediate in nylon manufacture.
- ‘Most commercial production of caprolactam is via the cyclohexanone oximation and Beckmann rearrangement route.’
- ‘Now this meant that in one go you could start from the reactants and end up with caprolactam, which is the stepping stone to nylon - and that's the revolutionary part of it.’
- ‘Our world class quality caprolactam is provided with a high level of service to build long-term valuable partnerships with our customers.’
- ‘China on Friday imposed antidumping duties of up to 28% on caprolactam, a nylon fabric component, imported from Japan and four European countries.’
- ‘If caprolactam is found on the backup section, it is added to the amount found on the front section.’
1940s: from caproic acid + lactam.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.