Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Close-fitting calf-length tapered trousers, usually worn by women and girls.
- ‘I wore some cute jean capris, a red solid t-shirt, a silver sparkly belt, and some black flip-flops.’
- ‘After her shower, she dressed in a pair of jean capris, a plain black t-shirt, and a pair of bright orange flip flops.’
- ‘I settled for a pair of black capris and a pink camisole with a black and pink button-down over the top.’
- ‘Shirts, tops, capris, kurtas, you name it and it is cotton.’
- ‘She pulled out a pair of jean capris and a black tank top and threw them at me.’
- ‘She could feel the warm California sun on her face, and she was glad she chose to wear capris and a tank top today.’
- ‘Check out the latest styles in stretch jeans, capris, tops, intimates and hosiery from Just My Size, the plus-size authority.’
- ‘She wore a simple, spring green tank top and denim capris.’
- ‘Denim is present with jeans, capris, jackets and skirts, with in-demand details.’
- ‘Knee-length pants or men's style capris have been trendy forever, but you must be able to pull off the look.’
- ‘I pick out simple stone washed jean capris and a vintage style button down, white with small black polka dots, short sleeve shirt.’
- ‘I wore a pair of jean capris and a black shirt with a V-neck, but a dark blue hoodie was over it.’
- ‘Kay's khaki capris and red tank top accented her creamy complexion.’
- ‘I quickly slipped out of my capris and pulled my tank top over my head.’
- ‘Sequoia was wearing black and white tweed capris and a pink polo shirt.’
- ‘I quickly showered and got dressed in my jean capris and aqua colored tank top, and ran downstairs to eat some breakfast.’
- ‘I was in my white blouse and capris from that morning.’
- ‘My hair was in pigtails covered by a green bandana that matched my capris.’
- ‘She rummaged through her bag and came up with a pair of jean capris.’
- ‘Okay, you may not want to wear capris, but ¾ length pants or long shorts are always a way to compromise.’
1950s (originally US): named after the island of Capri.
capri pants/kəˈprē ˌpants/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.